Thursday, 3 September 2009

Mangyle from Hell....

.... is finished!!!!! I am so happy the night mare is over. In the end i ripped it as i said, and re-knitted in cream and brown. Swiss darning the yellow afterwards. It wasn't so hard to be honest. Although looks good from a distance, i'm not quite so keen close up, then again when and if he wears it, i doubt people will be studying it close enough to notice. I did, however, notice after finishing the front and the darning and inseting the sleeve ribbing that the neck was way too same and wouldn't actually go over his head!!! Given the absolute HELL this project has put me through I was NOT going to rip it again. So I decided to Steek it. This is a rather scary technique involving cutting down the middle of the stitches. It scared the hell out of me but was the onl;y way i could see of doing it without the horror of ripping it again.

I am going to put up a blow by blow account in my next post, including how i adapted the technique to work for me and the finish article. in the mean time here is a picture of the finished body.Apologies about the quality, i only have a camra phone to use. But here is a closer view of the argyle work down the side.
TTFN for now. More about Mangyle from hell next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment